Before & After Photo Gallery of Face Lift
Patients have often said that they look in the mirror one day, or look at a recent photo, and suddenly realize that they look much older than they actually feel. in fact, some say that they don’t recognize themselves.
In approaching facial rejuvenation (to restore a more youthful appearance), it is important to be objective in your assessment so that you may choose the best options for yourself.
As one ages, the face and neck skin lose elasticity, underlying muscles lose their tone, and the facial volume decreases. Sun exposure, weight gain or loss, gravity, and stress accentuate the appearance of wrinkles, creating a tired look.
By restoring lost volume, tightening underlying muscles, and redraping sagging skin, a facelift helps improve the most visible signs of aging. Although it won’t restore your youthful energy, it may help restore your self confidence as you look in the mirror and see a younger you!
Here, a woman in her mid forties complained of hanging skin of her neck which made her appear much older. Following necklift, her neck jawline is well defined and she appears younger
Dr. Burke developed “The Natural Facelift” which highlight facial features that have changed over time. This often starts with digital imaging to help visualize your face and neck in the present and compare with possible future outcomes. The actual procedure often includes a subtle lift of the upper eyelids – providing a better table for makeup and eye shadow (without makeup smearing that occurs when the skin droops). The lost fat volume in the cheeks is replaced, and when possible, the tissue placed in its natural position. The jaw line is made crisper, giving the jaw a subtly sculpted look with narrowing in the “jowl” areas. (one may appear to have lost weight) Where incisions are necessary, they are placed in natural folds allowing them to blend with the surrounding skin as they heal. Skin glow and texture may be improved at the same time through Dr. Burke’s Matrix micro fractional laser peel.
Cost of Facelift Procedures: Please use this link to help with your questions about the Cost of a Facelift.
Dr. Burke offers a minimally invasive laser technique which works alone or in combo with traditional facelifts. (Click here for an article at www.modernmedicine.com)
Nonsurgical facelift: for those wishing to avoid surgery – nonsurgical options are available. The newest of these is the Silhouette Instalift which provides an immediate result which continues to improve during the next 12 months.
Nonsurgical options include radiofrequency skin tightening and shrinkage, volume replacement, and treatment of the skin to restore a more youthful glow and color. Options include: Pelleve® wrinkle eraser for nonsurgical facelift, and necklift, and eyelid lift ; the Matrix(R) micro fractional laser peel; and the Liquid Facelift. As each person’s skin condition differs, an individualized assessment is made together with individualized recommendations.
Other facial procedures may also be performed at the same time including: forehead lift, eyelid lift (blepharoplasty), chin and cheek implants, nose reshaping (rhinoplasty), liposculpture, chemical peel, carbon dioxide laser resurfacing and lipotransfer. Dr. Burke uses digital computer imaging to help in presurgical planning and visualizing the possible effects of these procedures on your facial appearance.
The majority of these procedures are performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia alone or supplemented with monitored conscious sedation.
Who is a Candidate
- If you have experienced a loss of skin elasticity and muscle tone of the face and neck.
- If you have developed deep facial and neck wrinkles.
- If you believe you lack youthful chin and neck contours.
- If you have a tired facial appearance.
- A more rested and youthful contour to the face and neck.
- This procedure does not correct deep creases around the mouth. Those are addressed by a combination of volume replacement, fractional co2 laser resurfacing, and selected peels including the Burke Blue Lift(R).
- Facelifts range from the Natural Facelift™ to an extended lift depending on the location and extent of skin laxity, the goals of the patient, and patient constraints limiting potential recovery time.
- The operation is usually done on an outpatient basis under conscious sedation and may also be done under general anesthesia with an overnight hospital admission.
- Incisions are made within the hairline (or along the hair margin) above the ear, extending down around the lobe and ending in or below the hairline behind the ear. The subcutaneous layers and neck muscles are tightened, the facial skin is redraped and lifted, and the excess skin is removed.
Recuperation and Healing
- The patient goes home with head and neck wrapped in dressings, which are usually removed the next day.
- Initial discomfort is controlled with oral medication or nasal spray.
- Sutures are removed within 14 days. Bruising and swelling usually decrease to modest levels within 10-20 days.
- The final result is usually evident in 4-6 weeks or sooner with continued improvement over several months.
- Additional procedures that could enhance the results are: eyelid lift, eyebrow lift, chin or cheek enlargement, nose reshaping (rhinoplasty), liposculpture, fractional carbon dioxide laser resurfacing, chemical peel, and lipotransfer.
- The specific risks and suitability of this procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual.