Liposuction, Liposculpture & Lipotransfer
Before & After Photo Gallery of Liposuction, Liposculpture & Lipotransfer
Dr.Burke is the first surgeon in Michigan to offer the SmartLipo™ MPX Dual Wavelength Laser System for Fat Removal and Skin Tightening. He was also the first to introduce multiple wavelengths of laser light to maximize effect including High Definition Body Sculpting for men and women.
Dr.Burke is a liposculpture expert who uses a customized approach to body sculpting, combining the latest technologies including laser assisted liposculpture. His technique is described in Plastic Surgery Practice: “Body sculpting using a customized approach to fat management”
This customized approach is based on your needs which are reviewed and determined at your consultation appointment. If your skin has good elasticity ( the ability to shrink following the procedure), liposculpture alone (with removal and recontouring of your areas of body concern) may be ther procedure of choice. Where additional shrinkage is desired or elasticity is not as good, laser assisted liposculpture with the Smart Lipo is recommended.
The SmartLipo™ MPX laser system utilizes a micro laser fiber inserted through the fat layer to liquefy fat cells, resulting in gentle and more efficient fat removal. The SmartLipo™ MPX stimulates new collagen production through controlled heating directly under the skin. Dr. Burke’s original temperature studies of the procedure document the optimal temperatures and techniques for maximum skin shrinkage in areas that have previously been difficult to treat such as the neck, arms, muffin top, medial thighs, and knees.
Dr. Burke often combines: SmartLipo™ MPX dual wave Laser system; tumescent liposculpture; Power Assisted Liposculpture ( PAL); and the LipoLaser where necessary to help “sculpt” or recontour the body, removing unwanted subcutaneous fat from specific areas including the abdomen, love handles, neck and cheeks, upper arms, hips, and knees. Fit in clothes and shape improves as stubborn fat deposits, resistant to diet and exercise are removed. These techniques may be combined to create Natural high definition body contouring in men and women.
Smart Lipo Laser Assisted Liposculpture may be combined with minimal incision surgery to treat excess male breast development (gynecomastia).
Liposculpture, including use of SmartLipo™ MPX Laser assisted procedures may be done under local anesthesia and supplemented with conscious sedation depending on your needs. Most patients return to work following weekend recovery.
Lipotransfer uses your own fat to compliment and enhance another body area that lacks adequate volume. Your own growth factors are concentrated by Dr.Burke and mixed with the harvested fat to supercharge the result – improving skin texture and quality while restoring a more youthful, natural appearance.
Lipotransfer to the gluteal region – Brazilian Butt Lift – restores lost volume and the youthful curves that you had at an earlier age.
Who is a Candidate
- If you have excess subcutaneous fat, which is resistant to diet and exercise.
- If you wish to change the contours of your body, and neck (under the chin), cheeks, upper arms and armpits, abdomen, love handles, saddle bags, upper legs, inner thighs, and medial knees.
- If you are of near normal weight and desire contour changes. This procedure is not a substitute for weight loss. Cellulite will not be cured by liposuction.
- Improved techniques now allow larger amounts of fat removal for those above their ideal weight. Liposculpture can be useful in heavier persons as well.
- Improvement in the contour and proportion of the treated areas.
- A more flattering figure or physique, in or out of clothing.
- The procedure is done on an outpatient basis.
- Conscious sedation is usually used for comfort and safety.
- Large volumes of fluid are infused into the area to be treated to help liquefy the fat. Small suction tubes (micro cannulas) are inserted through very short incisions placed in inconspicuous locations near fat deposits and excess fat is removed.
Recuperation and Healing
- The patient goes home with a compression garment (or tape) covering the treated areas. Compression is necessary during the initial healing for maximum aesthetic results. You will be given an initial compression garment to wear.
- Discomfort is usually mild and controlled with oral medications.
- Bruising and swelling usually subside in 2-4 weeks. The final result takes shape over 3-6 months.
- Additional procedures that may enhance the result are tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), breast reduction, thigh lift, and arm lift (brachioplasty).
- The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for a given individual can only be determined at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are rare.